- Design och produktutveckling
Ansök senast: 2022-02-06
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers. We believe that we can achieve world class solutions through dedicated people and continuous improvement of or our technology.
Kongsberg Maritime has a commitment in Sustainable Development Goals and for us, the oceans and marine resources are important. We therefore strive to develop products that help reduce emissions and damage to life below water. We believe in a workplace characterized by diversity and together we can create a work environment that brings the best out of everyone. We are very positive that you want to contribute to our development, and that you want to develop within Kongsberg.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Development Engineer in our Propulsion & Engines division at Kongsberg Maritime. You will be part of a competent team of experts working with development of our POD system. We are looking for you who has a master’s degree in engineering and can work goal-focused and independently making decisions. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be a central resource providing and verifying the technical solutions for our POD’s.
POD is a high-end, fully electric azimuthing thruster with the motor fitted inside the propulsor, directly driving the propeller. This eliminates the need for a gear in the driveline, providing a versatile, highly efficient, direct drive electric main propulsion. This type of propulsor is part of our forward-looking, environmental responsibility, electrifying the marine market.
As a Development Engineer you will be part of a team ensuring that our POD product meets our customer’s needs, but also classification and legislative demands. You will resolve and specify customer specific solutions to meet the market requirement, in addition to promote our products in customer meetings. You will be included in all stages of the product development of our complex propulsion systems, from first drawings to the final test run. Your position is characterized by working cross-functionally with colleagues from other departments in our global organization, as well as collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Travel will be part of your work.
- Development, evaluation and verification of technical solutions and requirements for the product, both ours and suppliers’
- Resolve customer technical issues
- Production and verification of product and technical documentation, for example:
- Technical specifications and product safety documentation
- Installation, service and user manuals
- Technical sales documentation
- Strength analysis
- Product classification
Qualifications and experience
- Masters’ degree within engineering, preferably with work experience in mechanical detail design and engineering
- Preferably experience or good understanding within naval engineering
- Experience from marine propulsion, power electrics or FEM analysis is considered an advantage
- High level of English, both written and oral. Communication skills in other languages is considered an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
Last day to apply 2022-02-06
For this position we work with personality and ability tests, which may be sent to you if you proceed in the process.
Point of contact
Per Nahnfeldt, Manager Product PMTT / PMAZ / POD
email@example.com, +4670 628 40 72
Julia Palmqvist, HR Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org, +4672 392 23 14
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn consists of 265 engaged people and upholds product management for various types of propulsion for all types of marine vessels, sales and marketing and product assembly. Our Hydrodynamic Research Centre provides world leading CFD and Testing capabilities in support for our Product centres and customers.
Our Propulsion and Engines business covers the strategic, operational and engineering activities for propulsion and engine products. Today our product range is one of the broadest in the world and our accountability as a team include all aspects of the product range including market requirements, product strategies; development, product costs and profitability throughout the life cycle.