Ansök senast: 2021-07-04
Research Engineer in electrical properties of nanosensors
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Air pollution is a ubiquitous health risk affecting the large majority of the global population. To minimize and mitigate its detrimental effects, the measurement of air quality and molecular pollutant concentrations is of utmost importance. Portable chemical sensors could significantly improve the assessment of human exposure to atmospheric pollution at the personal level, as they are capable of providing data with excellent spatial and temporal resolution.
Within this project, we aim at the characterization of Cu2O-based nanodevices for opto-chemical sensing applications. We will study electrical properties of nanocrystalline thin films in different atmospheric conditions. The influence of thin film thickness and morphology will be compared. Devices will be characterized during illumination from continuous wave and pulsed laser sources at visible and near-infrared wavelengths. The influence of nanoparticle surface decoration on the Cu2O thin film properties will also be studied.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- The Quantum Nano Photonics group at KTH offers a strong international research environment in quantum technology and is taking part in a large number of European projects. Our group offers exposure to several fields of quantum technology as well as collaborations with top international research groups.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) have a master of science in Physics or Electrical engineering with specialization in nanotechnology, microelectronics or carried out a master project in a related field in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level.
- Subject-related skills
- Professional skills
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 6 months, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.