- Elkraft och energi
Ansök senast: 2023-01-24
Postdoctoral researcher in tribology of wave energy convertors
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The goal of this project is to enhance the development and implementation of wave energy convertor technology by integrating tribological principles into the wave energy convertor design work. The project includes activities related to the systematic collection, organisation and presentation of existing knowledge as well as fundamental research to address critical knowledge gaps with a particular focus on bearing design, selection and operation in wave energy convertor systems. The research work is in close collaboration with industry and international researchers.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Documented knowledge and skills in tribology
- Industrial experience
- Documented knowledge and skills in corrosion
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality
- Teaching abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: M-2022-1048 | Kontakt: Sergei Glavatskih email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-06-15 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-11-30