- Teknisk fysik och matematik
Ansök senast: 2023-01-26
Postdocs in Combinatorics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The combinatorics group at KTH invites applications to three postdoctoral positions. The positions are in-line with the interests of the combinatorics group at KTH, focusing on algebraic, geometric, enumerative, and/or probabilistic combinatorics. Of special interest are questions related to polytopes, Ehrhart theory, Matroids, Hodge theory in combinatorics, Geometry of polynomials, Lorentzian polynomials, the real zeros of polynomials, inequalities among the coefficients of polynomials, dynamical algebraic combinatorics, probabilistic methods and connections to algebraic geometry, applied algebraic geometry and algebraic statistics.
There are three positions available, each of which is a time-limited two-year full-time position with the possibility for extension to a third year. The starting date for each position will be September 1, 2023 or an agreed upon date (either earlier or later). The postdocs will be members of the combinatorics group at KTH, which is a large group with several faculty, researchers, and PhD students working within the field. The positions are full-time with 25% teaching responsibilities. They are funded by The Swedish Research Council, the Göran Gustafsson Foundation and the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation.
Formally, the postdocs will be supervised by Petter Brändén, Svante Linusson and Liam Solus, respectively. However, strong candidates will have the ability to work with all three supervisors as well as other members of the Department of Mathematics at KTH.
What we offer
- An interactive and large group of researchers interested in combinatorics.
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, this eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- We seek candidates with a background in areas related to one of the following: algebraic, geometric, enumerative or probabilistic combinatorics, or a related field such as discrete geometry, applied algebraic geometry, non-linear algebra, and/or algebraic statistics.
- The successful application will be a highly motivated researcher, capable of working both independently as well as in collaboration with other researchers.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on scientific skills, pedagogical skills, the ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other researchers, and awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- A copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account as to why you want to conduct research in the group at KTH, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (max two pages long).
- Research Statement (max 2 pages).
- Contact information for two references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 3 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1821 | Kontakt: Liam Solus firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-10-13 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-15