- Kemi och bioteknik
Ansök senast: 2022-07-18
Postdoktor inom funktionella polymera material för vattenrening
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
This project aims to the development of smart bio-based adsorbents, membranes and filters for water purification. The scientific objectives are: i) Devising feasible and sustainable pathways for functionalization of polymers to improve the adsorption capacity, ii) Stimuli-responsive adsorbents, iii) Recovery of captured agents and regeneration of absorbents, and iv) In-depth understanding on structural and chemical relationships that affects the performance of the materials.
Work tasks include laboratory and analytical work, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating syntheses and materials, as well as written and oral presentation.
The project is part of the research program Mistra TerraClean, funded by Mistra. You will have great opportunities to work within a large network within academia, institutes, and industry in Sweden.
You can read more about what is included in a postdoctoral position in the Employment Regulations at KTH and on the Swedish Agency for Government Employers - postdoctoral agreement
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Collaboration with Swedish institutes, industry, and other universities
- Access to top-equipped research and laboratory facilities.
- The opportunity to establish a transdisciplinary network.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Competence in chemistry, materials science and/or polymer technology from higher education or equivalent studies.
You must have good collaborative skills, problem-solving skills and scientific skills. You work independently and with awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues with a specificfocus on gender equality.
Your knowledge of English, both in writing and orally, should be excellent, as it is required in the daily work. Requirements for English equivalent to English B/6, read more here
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Practical and theoretical experience in functionalization of polymers and/or polymer adsorbents for water purification is strongly qualifying.
- A Doctoral Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Technology or equivalent.
- Good teaching abilities.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, 2 years and 5 months.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: temporary position longer than 6 months | Contract type: full time | Number of positions: 1 | Working hours: Heltid | City: Stockholm | County: Stockholms län | Country: Sweden | Reference number: C-2022-0869 | Contact: Ulrica Edlund +46(8)7907634, | Published: 2022-04-29 | Last application date: 2022-05-25