- Teknisk fysik och matematik
Ansök senast: 2023-01-27
Postdoc in Algebraic Geometry
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The department of mathematics is inviting applications for two postdoctoral positions in the field of Algebraic Geometry. The positions are for two years, and the starting date is Sep 1, 2023, or according to agreement. The positions are financed by a grant from the Göran Gustafsson Foundation and will be with David Rydh as mentor.
The main duty is research within algebraic geometry or a closely related subject. The following research areas are of particular interest: algebraic stacks, moduli spaces, geometric invariant theory, logarithmic geometry, singularities, derived algebraic geometry, motives and arithmetic geometry. A limited amount of teaching and some administration may be part of the duties.
The permanent members of the algebraic geometry group at KTH are Mats Boij, Sandra Di Rocco, Kathlén Kohn, Georg Oberdieck, David Rydh and Roy Skjelnes. There is a close collaboration with the algebraic topology group at KTH and the algebra, geometry and topology group at Stockholm University. The successful candidate is expected to interact with these groups, contribute to a vivid research atmosphere and actively partake in seminars and other activities.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- An active large research community in algebraic geometry and algebraic topology.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- We seek a candidate with a strong background in research in algebraic geometry.
- The applicant should have pedagogical skills, teaching abilities or experience.
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group, and have good communication skills in English as this will be required in day-to-day work.
- Research expertise
- The candidate has an awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- CV including a list of publications.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Description of your research and a motivation of your interest in the position (maximum 4 pages).
- Up to three letters of recommendation submitted directly by the letter writers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with S-2022-2119 in the subject line.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 2 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-2119 | Kontakt: David Rydh email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-11-09 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-16
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan