- Informations- och kommunikationsteknik
Ansök senast: 2021-12-14
Lecturer in in Engineering Communication
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The subject comprises the skills in rhetoric, speech, writing and visual media that are required for effective communication in the engineering profession.
The lecturer is expected to develop and teach courses in the subject at the undergraduate level, primarily in rhetoric but also in professional writing for engineers. The teaching language is primarily Swedish, with occasional courses in English. Supervision of students in the Center for Academic Writing and Rhetoric can also be part of the duties. The teaching in writing includes scientific writing and supervision of student groups.
The Lecturer is furthermore expected to actively participate in the subject’s and the division’s pedagogical development. Additional duties include the traditional tasks associated with a government position at a university.
Those qualified for appointment as a lecturer are persons who have:
- 1) been awarded a degree from first-cycle academic education within the subject of the employment or has corresponding competence,
- 2) professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties it will involve, and
- 3) demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as lecturer at KTH are stated in KTH's appointment procedure, section 1.5, and apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- documented pedagogic competence. The assessment of teaching expertise shall also relate to the person’s long-term ability to develop as a teacher.
- documented subject expertise relevant to the content of the employment.
- expertise with respect to development work within the area.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- courses in teaching and learning in higher education
It is also important that the applicant has
- the ability to pursue third-stream activities
- expertise to develop and lead activities and interpersonal skills. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
- professional expertise outside the university
- administrative expertise
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's web page.
You are the main responsible to ensure that the application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position.
For more information regarding KTH's assessment, please read here Appointments procedure at KTH
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process, please read here.
KTH Relocation offers help to relocate and settle in Sweden and at KTH, please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.